The Environmental Health Division protects residents who use private water systems. A private water system includes wells, cisterns, springs, ponds, and hauled water storage tanks. Private systems serve 25 or fewer people, less than sixty days out of the year, and have less than 15 service connections. These would include single water supplies that serve homes, small businesses, small churches, small mobile home parks or communities with fewer than 25 residents.
The Ashtabula County Health Department enforces private water system rules and laws, which are set forth by the Ohio Department of Health under Section 3701.344 to 3701.347 of the Ohio Revised Code and Chapter 3701-28 of the Ohio Administrative Code. Any variances from the health code must be approved by the Ashtabula County Health Department. The environmental health division issues permits for installation of new private water systems and for alterations to existing systems. The division also provides water testing of private water systems.
- Real Estate Water Test Form $50.00 Chemical Water Samples are available through our Department. Please contact us for the cost and the type of chemical water testing (440) 576 – 6010 option 3.
- Real Estate Septic Test Form $200.00
- WELL PERMIT APPLICATION $290.00
- Well Permit – Alteration $150.00
- Water Sample Form $50.00
- Chlorination Procedure
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources Water Well Log Search