IMMEDIATE HEALTH INFORMATION
NOVEL CORONAVIRUS 2019-nCoV
CONFIRMED CASES IN OH: 0
PERSONS UNDER INVESTIGATION (PUI’s) IN OH: 1
NEGATIVE PUI’s IN OH: 2
- The Ashtabula County Health Department (ACHD) in conjunction with the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) is monitoring Ashtabula County for suspected and/or confirmed cases of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
- At this time the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) considers the U.S. to be at low risk for Coronavirus.
- Person-to-person spread is happening although it is unclear how easily or quickly the virus spreads.
- Preliminary information suggests that older adults and people with underlying health conditions may be at increased risk for severe disease from this virus.
- Currently, testing for this virus is conducted only by CDC.
- The most effective means of protection is the same as those things that prevent other illness, including proper hand washing, covering coughs/sneezes with your arm; avoiding exposure to others who are sick.
- This is a rapidly evolving situation and information will be updated as it becomes available.
- Residents who plan to travel to China should examine the U.S. CDC website for travel health notices (cdc.gov) before traveling to China.
The Health Department is open every Monday and every Friday (except holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. as a walk-in clinic for vaccinations.
Welcome to the Ashtabula County Health Department website, your online link for public health services in Ashtabula County, Ohio.Residents of the Ashtabula County General Health District are encouraged to familiarize themselves with this website and learn more about the diverse public health services offered by the Ashtabula County Health Department. Residents of the Ashtabula County Health District may also contact the Ashtabula County Health Department for more information concerning programs and services offered by the Ashtabula County Health Department by contacting us at 440-576-6010 Option 3.
To promote and protect the health and well being of the residents of the Ashtabula County Health District by reducing preventable illness and controlling the spread of communicable diseases.The Ashtabula County Health Department carries out its mission by providing programs and services in communicable disease prevention, chronic disease prevention, health promotion, immunizations, environmental health and health education.The public health services of the Ashtabula County Health Department are a blend of education and enforcement services designed to protect public health in the Ashtabula County Health District.